Never in life does a woman’s body go through as many changes as it does during pregnancy. Shiatsu provides you with the physical and spiritual support you need to nourish the connection with your body, your baby and your partner..
Shiatsu is a body therapy which supports and stimulates the body’s natural processes – it strives to achieve balance and harmony between the physical, emotional and spiritual body. It promotes and accompanies well-being, benefiting the connection with the innate wisdom we all have inside us and it prepares you for one of the most special moments of your life, the birth of your baby.
The massage techniques used in Shiatsu are gentle, and they are carried out with the utmost care and awareness.
Each session is unique and is adapted to the unique needs of the receiver. It is a creative therapy based on the ability to listen through touch.
Shiatsu benefits your body in the following ways...
- It helps you find and maintain healthy postures for the duration of your pregnancy.
- It maintains the body’s mobility and benefits muscle tone.
- It improves digestion, stomach acid reflux and constipation.
- It alleviates back pain, reduces head aches and neck ache.
- It improves the circulation of the blood and lymphatic system, alleviating swollen feet and heels.
- It promotes sleep.
- It helps you find the optimum position for childbirth.
Shiatsu benefits your emotions in the following ways...
- It relaxes you and allows you to enjoy the moment.
- It helps you to process what is coming to the surface at any particular moment.
- It connects you with your body and soul, and their needs.
- It prepares you on an emotional level for the arrival of your baby.
Shiatsu benefits your postpartum recovery in the following ways...
- It helps you to recover and balance your energy after birth.
- It supports your deep connection with your baby, and it grants you a moment of conscious presence with him or her.
- It helps you to lower your stress levels passing on a feeling of well-being┬á and calmness to your baby.
- It can be helpful with breastfeeding issues.
- If you wish, your baby can join your shiatsu session.
A shiatsu session lasts between 50 and 60 minutes. The receiver wears comfortable clothing and lies on a futon on the floor, in a warm and tranquil environment. The practitioner applies pressure to, stretches and manipulates your body’s energy lines.
It is suitable at any time during your pregnancy from the third month onwards, and the frequency of the sessions can be adjusted to suit the individual needs of each woman.
Through Shiatsu I help you to find calm, to trust your body, connect with your baby before his or her arrival and find your balance once she or he is here.